The Benefits of Oak Flooring
Out of all the wood flooring choices available today, oak seems to be at the top of everyone’s list. If you are considering investing in a wooden floor, take a look at some of the specific benefits that oak offers:
1. Oak is a hardwood and is extremely hard wearing. It has been used for centuries now in the building trade and has established extreme credibility for durability. This is born out in that fact that 200 year old reclaimed oak can still be purchased and looks beautiful.
2. Oak actually improves with age like a good red wine. If you were to look at some 200 year old reclaimed Oak you would not doubt this. Even within a couple of years the colour will get richer and if you look after your floor it really will just get better and better.
3. Oak provides a very attractive grain that is ideal for flooring. The one thing that wood flooring can’t really offer, which carpet and linoleum can, is decorative patterns and styles. Therefore, wood buyers rely on the grain to replace this and help define the look of their room. Oak is an ideal alternative to patterned carpet and linoleum, thanks to its attractive grains. Prime grades are very clean cut whereas rustic or character grades have lots of knots and grain patterns.
4. Because of its popularity and abundance Oak has been made available in an astonishing array of styles grades and dimensions, giving the consumer the opportunity to almost certainly find the look they are after.
5. Above all other woods Oak takes very well to staining and colouring therefore adding to the already vast choice available. It is available in shades from limed white to natural colour to very dark, and from a contemporary clean cut look to an old antique appearance.
6. Oak is remarkably resistant to fungal and insect attacks. What this means for you is less money spent on repairs and damage to your floors.
7. Oak has been used as a sign of opulence in the past due to its attractiveness and still has a prestigious flair due to this distinction. So, if you are looking for a way to give your home that old, sophisticated, and prestigious look, then oak is the way to go.
All in all, if your priority is getting a high-quality wood with a timeless look and feel, then oak will exceed your wildest expectations. It is the filet mignon of wood flooring, which is why it is in such high demand.